Our mission is to develop effective communicators, leaders, and representatives of the College of Engineering at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. Engineering Ambassadors strive to educate the public about the importance of engineering and technology and support the college and University’s service-based outreach activities.
Any active College of Engineering students are eligible to apply. Preferred qualifications include:
- Open-minded and eager to grow
- Unique and diverse perspective
- 2.5 cumulative GPA or above
Engineering Ambassadors are carefully selected through an audition process involving a presentation and interview. Read more about the application process here.
Engineering Ambassadors are expected to attend training, coordinate presentations and materials for events, and be knowledgeable about the departments, college, and University. To receive recognition at graduation, Engineering Ambassadors are expected to actively participate for at least 2 semesters. Active participation is currently considered, though subject to change with advanced notice as:
- Attending 75% of general meetings
- Volunteering during Engineering and Technology Week
- Serving at a minimum of 4 events per semester
Because Engineering Ambassadors are representatives for not only the college, but the University, members are held to high standards of professionalism and may be removed at the Dean’s discretion.
Participation in this program impacts the community and provides members the opportunity to:
- Develop communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Build relationships with other engineering students and network at special events
- Share the importance of engineering and technology with others
- Belong to a national network of Engineering Ambassadors