The purpose of the Dean’s Student Advisory Council, DSAC is to provide advice, advocacy, and support for the College of Engineering. Its members serve to provide the Dean of the College of Engineering their perspectives and advice as related to the success of the College.
Advisory council members will share their experiences and assist the Dean in achieving the College academic mission with key initiatives regarding:
- Supporting the academic and professional growth of students.
- Providing perspective as it relates to the needs of students regarding engineering and technology education to meet the future demands of the professions.
- Membership in the Dean's Student Advisory Council is by invitation of the Dean.
- DSAC is comprised of accomplished student leaders from all disciplines across the College of Engineering.
- There are no officer positions within the council.
- A full membership term is one year. Each member will serve for one term, subject to renewal upon agreement by both the member and Dean.
The primary role of DSAC is to offer advice and facilitate the exchange of ideas. Their input is invaluable to the College when addressing specific issues related to its mission, such as educational and outreach programs. It's important to note that DSAC does not have decision-making authority concerning the college's operations; instead, they provide guidance and insights from their perspective as student leaders.
2023-24 DSAC Members include:
|Syed Jasim Ali||President, Student Government Association||Mechanical|
|Isabel Dacdac||Chem-E-Car Co-Captain, Member of URAP||Chemical|
|Coreil Dantin||President, Society of Petroleum Engineering||Petroleum|
|John Fair||President - Association of Technology, Management, and Applied Engineering||Engineering Technology|
|Traeneisha Harry||Assistant Coordinator for Outreach and Student Engagement - Dean's Office||Engineering Technology|
|Micaela Johnson||National Society of Black Engineers||Civil|
|Clay Ostrander||American Association of Drilling Engineers and International Association of Drilling Contractors||Petroleum|
|Vanel Porter||Graduate Student||Chemical|
|Zach Primeaux||President - Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers||Electrical & Computer|
|Jocelyn Rivarde||President - Society of Women Engineers||Chemical|
|Sydney Schexnayder||Veteran||Engineering Technology|
|Christiaan Thibodeaux||President - Louisiana Engineering Society and American Society of Mechanical Engineers||Mechanical|
|Natalia Tooraen||President - American Society of Civil Engineers||Civil|
From left to right: Assistant Dean Corinne Dupuy, Christiaan Thibodeaux, Vanel Porter, Jocelyn Rivarde, Natalia Tooraen, Micaela Johnson, Dean Ahmed Khattab, Isabel Dacdac, Clay Ostrander, Traeneisha Harry, Coreil Dantin, Zach Primeaux, JT Fair, and Sydney Schexnayder.