Expo Day Check-In (Morning of 3/11/2020)
Please DO NOT arrive early. The Expo start time is 8:30 AM. Our Industry Representatives and students will be setting up from 7:00 AM - 8:30 AM. We need this time to make sure everything is in place for your arrival and we are not prepared for early visitors. Be sure to register to attend before February 28, 2020 to help us with planning this large event.
Help things run smoothly by understanding that there are three types of displays/exhibits. They will all be marked accordingly.
- Tour stops: each department will have two or three rooms that are part of the guided tour led by our UL student volunteers. Rougeou holds two of our six departments (5-6 stops) and Madison holds the other four (10-12 stops).
- Industry: with the exception of large equipment and a few others, all industry will be in one centralized indoor location and not part of the guided tours.
- Research: every department will showcase some of their exciting research. These locations will be in Rougeou and Madison, but in separate locations from the tour stops.
Visit research and industry on your own before or after a guided tour. Guided Tours are not mandatory but very beneficial for large groups.
All traffic will flow in one direction in hallways and stairwells.
We are ready for your arrival, but if you decide not to visit it is not necessary to contact us to inform us of your decision.
See You on Wednesday!
- Arrive on or after 8:30 AM.
- Sign in at the registration booth in front of Madison Hall, 131 Rex St., Lafayette, LA 70503.
- Teachers sign in for large groups and field trip groups; small groups of 2 - 10 people will sign in individually.
- You will be given a bag with promotional material and Expo info that includes a map highlighting the tour areas.
- School Absence Excuses available by request.
- You are welcome to sign up for a guided tour or walk around on your own.
- Expo game participants should register at the designated time. Registration times, competition rules, and competition times can be found here.
- Visit industry booths to learn more about engineering and technology careers. These booths are not part of the tours.
All times are approximate. The students will visit three different parts of the Expo individually or in groups:
- Departments: Take a guided tour and visit our six departments to find out what engineering and industrial technology are. You may visit the departments on your own if you do not wish to be part of a tour group.
- Games: Students are invited to participate in three competitions. You are welcome to read about them here.
- Industry: Learn about exciting companies and available careers by visiting Industry Booths.
Guided tours begin every 15 minutes with no set schedule and begin at 8:45 AM. Some visitors prefer to walk around on their own. Tours start at different locations so no one will be "at the end" of the tour. Visitors are welcome to walk around on their own.
Expo Schedule of Events
All times are approximate. Games continue until all participants have competed and judges are finished scoring. The Expo concludes at 12:30 PM.
8:30 AM – 10 AM: Student Arrival and Registration
8:30 AM – 10:00 AM: Games Registration (Competition names and rules TBA mid-November)
8:45 AM: UL student led tours begin
8:45 AM – 11:30 AM: Competition A (Competition names and rules TBA mid-November)
9 AM – 10:30 AM: Competition B (Competition names and rules TBA mid-November)
9 AM – 11:30 AM: Competition C (Competition names and rules TBA mid-November)
10 AM – 12 PM: Snacks (hot dogs and chips)
12:30 PM: Expo end time
You are encouraged to bring your own lunch for the Engineering and Technology Expo. There are many nearby restaurants available for lunch at your own expense, the list below is not comprehensive but gives a "sampling" of convenient restaurants.
Easy Walking Distance of Madison/Rougeou Hall
Ragin’ Cajun Food Court - Conference Center – across Rex Street from Madison Hall – includes a Chik-Fil-A, Pizza Hut, and Fresh Options
Zeus to go – next door to UL Library
Café – St. Mary St. next to UL Bookstore
Subway/CC’s Coffee – St. Mary St. next to UL Bookstore
Olde Tyme Grocery – intersection of St. Mary and Brook St.
Burger King – intersection of Johnston and St. Mary
McDonalds – intersection of Johnston and St. Mary
Bisbano’s Pizza – next door to McDonalds on Johnston
Taco Bell – intersection of Johnston and St. Mary
Papa John’s – intersection of Johnston and St. Mary
Domino’s Pizza – corner of Johnston and University
Near Cajun Field (bus parking)
Popeye’s Fried Chicken
Agave Mexican Grill
Deano’s Pizza (Bertrand St.)
Convenient to Campus
Izzo’s Illegal Burrito (Johnston St. between campus and Blackham Coliseum)
Quizno’s (Johnston Street and North College, near Albertson’s)