Expo Day Check-In Begins Promply at 8:30 AM April 6, 2022
The Expo start time is 8:30 AM. Our Industry Representatives and students will be setting up from 7:00 AM - 8:30 AM. Be sure to register to attend before March 30, 2022 to help us with planning this large event.
There are three types of displays/exhibits. They will all be marked accordingly.
- Tour stops: each department will have two or three rooms that are part of the guided tour led by our UL student volunteers. Rougeou holds two of our six departments (5-6 stops) and Madison holds the other four (10-12 stops).
- Industry: with the exception of large equipment and a few others, all industry will be in one centralized outdoor location and are included in the tours.
- Research: every department will showcase some of their exciting research as well.
All traffic will flow in one direction in hallways and stairwells.
See You on Wednesday!
- Arrive on or after 8:30 AM.
- Check in at the Check-in Booth along Rex Street near where the bus drops off the students - 131 Rex St., Lafayette, LA 70503.
- Teachers should sign in for large groups and field trip groups; others will sign in individually.
- You will be given a bag with promotional material and EXPO info that includes a map highlighting the tour areas.
- School Absence Excuses available by request.
- Expo game participants should register at the designated time. Registration times, competition rules, and competition times can be found here.
Guided tours begin approximately every 5-10 minutes with no set schedule and begin at 8:35 AM. Groups will be on guided tours, individual visitors can be part of groups or may walk around on their own. Tours start at different locations so no one will be "at the end" of the tour. Visitors are welcome to walk around on their own.
Expo Schedule of Events
All times are approximate. Games continue until all participants have competed and judges are finished scoring. The Expo concludes at 12:30 PM.
8:30 AM – 10 AM: Student Arrival and Check-In
8:35 AM: UL student led tours begin
8:45 AM – 12:15 PM: Competitions: Double Egg Drop and Catapult Events - Click here for games schedule
9 AM – 10:30 AM: Competition: Mystery Challenge Event
10 AM – 12 PM: Snacks (hot dogs,chips and water)
12:30 PM: Expo end time
Other Lunch Options
There are many nearby restaurants available for lunch at your own expense, the list below is not comprehensive but gives a "sampling" of convenient restaurants.
Easy Walking Distance of Madison/Rougeou Hall
Ragin’ Cajun Food Court - Conference Center – across Rex Street from Madison Hall – includes a Chik-Fil-A, Pizza Hut, and Fresh Options
Zeus to go – next door to UL Library
Café – St. Mary St. next to UL Bookstore
Subway/CC’s Coffee – St. Mary St. next to UL Bookstore
Olde Tyme Grocery – intersection of St. Mary and Brook St.
Burger King – intersection of Johnston and St. Mary
McDonalds – intersection of Johnston and St. Mary
Bisbano’s Pizza – next door to McDonalds on Johnston
Taco Bell – intersection of Johnston and St. Mary
Papa John’s – intersection of Johnston and St. Mary
Domino’s Pizza – corner of Johnston and University
Near Cajun Field (bus parking)
Popeye’s Fried Chicken
Agave Mexican Grill
Deano’s Pizza (Bertrand St.)
Convenient to Campus
Izzo’s Illegal Burrito (Johnston St. between campus and Blackham Coliseum)
Quizno’s (Johnston Street and North College, near Albertson’s)
Other major sponsors include: