This scholarship was created in memory of Josh Babineaux whose life was cut tragically short. The fund is created from donations of many who desire a memorial that will keep Josh’s spirit alive by helping aspiring engineers to follow in his footsteps.
Joshua Babineaux was a Lafayette, Louisiana native. He graduated from the University of Louisiana at Lafayette with a degree in Mechanical Engineering in 2012.Josh was the type of person everyone wanted to be friends with; his laugh was contagious, his heart was gold, and his drive to be the best man he could be was honorable.His creativity, sense of fun, and friendship was treasured by any person lucky enough to cross his path.
Josh’s pride and joy was his daughter, Ruby, and his adoration of his wife, Chanda, was unwavering. With the exception of family and friends, his passion in life was engineering— specifically design and robotics.Josh leaves behind a legacy of creativity, friendship, and dedication to engineering.
1. Eligibility RequirementsStudent recipient must be admitted to the University and enrolled as a full-time student.
2. Student recipient must have at least a 2.5 G.P.A. to be eligible.
3. Student must be majoring in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
4. Preference given to a junior or senior who displays a commitment to Engineering and a passion for robotic automation.
5. Preference given to a student who submits an essay addressing his/her passion for
engineering and/or robotic automation.