The Application Period for 2018-2019 Is Now Open
Instructions To Apply for the 2018 - 2019 UL Engineering Ambassador Program
- Completely fill out the online application and submit only once BEFORE your audition.
- Print out the Academic Standing Form and acquire the appropriate signatures before your audition.
- Once you have filled out an application, sign up for an audition time by completing the Doodle Poll HERE. Select one time. If you cannot attend during the time you selected, be sure to contact LaShaun Bordelon at LASHAUN@louisiana.edu.
- Create a PowerPoint presentation that describes yourself (guidelines listed below).
- You must bring a copy of your presentation, signed Academic Standing Form, Fall 2018 schedule, and a copy of your transcript to your audition.
Sign up for an audition time by completing the Doodle Poll HERE
Auditions will be held in Madison Hall Room 105. An audition may be in progress when you arrive. If this is the case, do not enter until you are invited inside Room 105. Be prompt and dress appropriately (business casual).
When you arrive introduce yourself and hand over the documents required for your audition. You will have 5 - 10 minutes to tell the committee about yourself as an engineering student. The committee wants to know how you will be able to represent the college to potential students who are considering engineering as a degree option. Presentation guidelines are listed below to help you prepare a relevant presentation. You may be asked questions before, after, and/or during your presentation. A letter of acceptance or denial will be sent by email during the first week of September.
Items Needed for Auditions
- PowerPoint presentation on a removable storage device
- Academic Standing Form with two of the required signatures
- Copy of your Fall 2018 Schedule
- Copy of your Transcript
- Minimum of 2 slides
- Max of 8 slides
- Include one recent picture of yourself on the first slide
- Describe yourself as a high school student and why you decided to become an engineer or industrial technologist
- Describe your experiences as a student enrolled in the college of engineering and any other majors
- Tell why you are unique (talents, experiences, struggles, triumphs, etc.)
- Explain why you think you would be a great representative for the college to future engineering students
- Check for spelling, usage, and grammatical errors before your audition
UL Engineering Ambassador Training & Shirt Ceremony
Both the training and the Polo Shirt Ceremony are mandatory.
- Training: Friday, 8/31/2018 from 1:30 PM - 4:30 PM
- Shirt Ceremony: Friday, 9/14/2018 from 1:30 PM - 3:00 PM